Unit: Roast By Carnivore
Job posting: 28/05/2018
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most
successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its
services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level
of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at
the Roast By Carnivore.
Roast by carnivore is your casual, dine out restaurant that offers a deliciously inspiring selection
of 'signature' sandwiches, pulled pork/ beef and chicken, meat rich platters, fresh crunchy
salads and a selection of sides & bites coupled with great customer experience.
We also serve the refreshing classic dawa (yes the original dawa cocktail was created by the
Tamarind Group) other cocktails and a fully stocked bar.
Roast by carnivore is proudly 100% Kenyan brand and part of the Tamarind Group.
- Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Creating beverage lists, menus and drink promotions in close collaboration with the F&B Supervisor.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations as well as up-sellfood and beverages to guests.
- Comply with all safety and health policies when handling food and beverages.
- Follow correct sequence of service outlined in the F&B Standard Operating Manual.
- Clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, bars, work areas, tables and guest lounge areas.
- Clear tables and counters once service is completed and cleans up any spillages thereof.
- Issue sales receipts & receive guest cash bill payments and ensure correct change isissued back.
- Reports all spoilages and breakages to the F&B Supervisor for proper recording.
- Prepare a daily collection summary report and submission of all collections to the cashiers desk at end of shift.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Diploma/Certificate in Food and Beverage service
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a bartender.
- High degree of integrity and dependability
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by
sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org