Vacancy: Kitchen Steward
Unit: Roast By Carnivore
Job posting: 28/05/2018
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most
successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its
services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level
of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at
the Roast By Carnivore.
Roast by carnivore is your casual, dine out restaurant that offers a deliciously inspiring selection
of 'signature' sandwiches, pulled pork/ beef and chicken, meat rich platters, fresh crunchy
salads and a selection of sides & bites coupled with great customer experience.
We also serve the refreshing classic dawa (yes the original dawa cocktail was created by the
Tamarind Group) other cocktails and a fully stocked bar.
Roast by carnivore is proudly 100% Kenyan brand and part of the Tamarind Group.
- Cares for all the operating equipment at the wash up
- Ensures that all operating equipment is in good and serviceable state. Monitors that use of operating equipment at the wash-up to make sure there is no abuse or pilferage.
- Maintains daily record of breakages and advices the Unit Chef of the appropriate action to be taken.
- Checks and ensures that the wash-up is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensures that all crockery and cutlery is cleaned and wiped thoroughly.
- Ensures that all food production areas, cold rooms and stores are kept in very clean conditions.
- Ensures that there is adequate cleaned and wiped cutlery, crockery and other service equipment at all times during service.
- Proper method of cleaning dirty service equipment is used.
- Controls the utilization and proper use of cleaning agents/ materials.
- Ensures that proper hygiene is maintained at the wash-up by ensuring the use of correct cleaning materials for various equipment.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Certificate/Diploma or prior training in culinary stewarding or a related certificate.
- 1 year experience in a busy establishment.
- Self-driven, motivated and quick in execution of tasks.
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages (both written and spoken).
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by
sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com