Vacancy: Restaurant Manager
Unit: Roast By Carnivore
Job posting: 28/05/2018
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most
successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its
services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level
of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at
the Roast By Carnivore.
Roast by carnivore is your casual, dine out restaurant that offers a deliciously inspiring selection
of 'signature' sandwiches, pulled pork/ beef and chicken, meat rich platters, fresh crunchy
salads and a selection of sides & bites coupled with great customer experience.
We also serve the refreshing classic dawa (yes the original dawa cocktail was created by the
Tamarind Group) other cocktails and a fully stocked bar.
Roast by carnivore is proudly 100% Kenyan brand and part of the Tamarind Group.
- Operations: Co-ordinate the operations of various sections of the restaurant and ensure all areas are well maintained.
- Supervisory roles: Ensure all staff maintain high level of discipline, are well groomed and always in full uniform. Also ensure service of food and beverage is professional, personalized and in line with Tamarind Group's SOPs
- Supervise, coordinate, and direct the prompt, efficient, and courteous service of Food & Beverage in the Restaurant.
- Control and analyze on an on-going basis the quality levels of production, guest satisfaction, operating costs, sanitation, cleanliness, and hygiene. Events coordination: Organize special events and oversee running of night shows at the restaurant.
- Recipes: Maintains an up to date kitchen recipe file and constantly see to menu to menu engineering and give recommendations
- Appraisals: Conduct regular appraisals of the restaurant staff.
- Spot Checks: Conducts frequent spot checks of the bar and kitchen stocks and supervise the monthly stock take
- Cost control: Ensure the food and beverage cost is maintained as per the budget by checking the daily catering reports and taking appropriate action whenever necessary.
- Create weekly schedules ensuring you maintain adequate staffing levels to meet business demands.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management from Utalii College or any other reputable institution.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry is required.
- 2 years managerial experience in a similar role.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Skilled in creating analyzing and understanding reports/budgets.
- Personality: Outgoing, bubbly personality, naturally a people's person
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by
sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com