Vacancy: Waiter/ Waitress
Unit: Roast By Carnivore
Job posting: 28/05/2018
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most
successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its
services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level
of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at
the Roast By Carnivore.
Roast by carnivore is your casual, dine out restaurant that offers a deliciously inspiring selection
of 'signature' sandwiches, pulled pork/ beef and chicken, meat rich platters, fresh crunchy
salads and a selection of sides & bites coupled with great customer experience.
We also serve the refreshing classic dawa (yes the original dawa cocktail was created by the
Tamarind Group) other cocktails and a fully stocked bar.
Roast by carnivore is proudly 100% Kenyan brand and part of the Tamarind Group.
- Serve food to the dine in customers
- Pre bus tables within one minute when the customers have cleared their food and seek customer satisfaction.
- Approach the customer in an efficient and courteous manner
- Actively seek information from guests on how to improve restaurant performance
- Wipe tables and maintain cleanliness to the satisfaction of guests and ROAST standards
- Resolve customer satisfaction complaints immediately they arise and where necessary report to the shift runner.
- Ensure seating is available for all customers
WHO ARE YOU?
- Certificate/Diploma from an accredited college or university in Hospitality Management
- 2 years’ experience in the Hospitality industry.
- Fine dining experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Computer knowledge (Word, excel, Materials Control)
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and practices
- Knowledge of service in a fine dining environment.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by
sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com