Vacancy: Assistant Manager
Unit : Carnivore-Simba Saloon
Job posting: 4-05-2017 until 15-05-2017.
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
Simba Saloon, a vibrant informal restaurant that incorporates a children’s playground (very popular at weekends) and a lively night club.
The Simba Saloon serving pizzas (from a traditional, domed ,brick oven ), an extremely popular salad bar at lunches, steaks, hamburgers, scampi, trout, chicken and other light snacks, provides an alternative to those who do not want to indulge in a large meal.
The night club operates from Wednesday to Sunday and has themed nights to cater for fans of contemporary African music, rock, soul, jazz Old Skool and the latest hits.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
ASSISTANT MANAGER-SIMBA SALOON
- Ensure food is prepared by using high quality fresh produce.
- Ensure recipes are maintained
- Ensure all equipment is well maintained and rationally utilized.
- Maintain the expected hygiene standards ill all aspects.
- Ensure the food and beverage cost is maintained as per the budget by checking the daily catering reports and taking appropriate action whenever necessary.
- The food orders are processed as per the revenue control policies.
- Ensure food is stored properly.
- Maintain highest possible standard of bar service.
- Ensure all staff maintain high level of discipline, are well groomed and always in full uniform
- Oversee staff training
- Create and cost new dishes, cocktails and daily specials in conjunction with the Chef’s and bar men and daily specials in conjunction with the unit chef and
- Maintains an up to date kitchen recipe file and constantly see to menu to menu engineering and give recommendations.
- Analyze the profitability of bar stock items (pareto analysis) and recommends corrective action to be taken
- Conduct regular appraisal of Simba Saloon staff.
- Co-ordinate the operations of various sections of Simba Saloon and ensure all areas are well maintained.
- Manage the inventory of all the service equipment, cutlery, crockery and glassware
- Appraise the quality of entertainment and make recommendations.
- Supervises and ensures that all patrons pay the entertainment charges whenever applicable
- Organize special events and oversee running of disco and late night shows at simba Saloon .
- Carries out spot checks on his bars stocks and supervises the monthly stock take in his areas of responsibility
- Follows and ensures that sundry debts authorized by himself are settled as soon possible
- Deals with correspondence related to Simba Saloon
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Who are you?
Required skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years management experience in a management capacity required. Hospitality industry experience preferred
- Computer knowledge (Word, excel, Materials Control)
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and practices
- Knowledge of service in a fine dining environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Passionate about food, beverage and customer service
- A trend watcher
- Have an eye for detail
- Ability to spot and resolve problems effectively
What do we offer you?
When working at Tamarind, You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development. We encourage creativity and highly value continuous learning.
This challenging position offers you a chance to be part of our exceptional team in which you will be rewarded for performance.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com. The selection process entails 3 interview stages. The application deadline is 15th May 2017.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org