Vacancy: House Keeping Assistant
Unit : Tamambo Karen
Job posting: 5-05-2017 until 15-05-2017
Starting date: Immediate
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
Tamambo is located in a beautiful peaceful setting on Karen road near the Karen Blixen museum and about half a mile from the Karen golf and country club. It is the site of the original farmhouse which was the Blixen property.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
House Keeping Assistant
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Ensure that all the back areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas clean, and tidy.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
- Request repair services
- Prepare rooms for meetings, and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Ensure that the lavatories are kept clean and tidy at all times and that there are adequate guest accessories for use e.g. toilet paper, soap etc.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Who are you?
Required skills and Competencies:
- Certificate of secondary education (higher diploma is an added advantage)
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the hotel/cleaning industry.
- 1 years’ experience in managing/supervising a team in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- High hygiene standards
What do we offer you?
When working at Tamarind, You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development. We encourage creativity and highly value continuous learning.
This challenging position offers you a chance to be part of our exceptional team in which you will be rewarded for performance.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process entails 3 interview stages. The application deadline is 15th May 2017.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com